This package will transform the power delivery of your TPI… it includes the following:
- a new 2 piece TSP CNC machined cylinder head in Medium comp (dark grey colour)… This design is higher comp than stock but not as high as an SX model. We will release a High Comp version soon…
- reflashing of your STOCK ECU with improved fuel and ignition maps developed by TSP…We modify both Map 1 and Map 2, with a much more noticeable difference between the maps compared to the stock maps.
- a new NGK spark plug, better suited to the improved power the engine makes with this kit
- 50mm bolt and spring necessary to do the ‘idle screw mod’. Not always necessary to install but we supply it just in case.
There is no change to reliability with this setup… the ignition maps, air fuel ratios and combustion chamber designs are similar to those we have run very successfully for years on modified carb models… after all the TPI engine is basically identical to the previous carb engine, except for the fuel injection system… as a result we know exactly what it can or cant handle in terms of performance mods.
In order to change the stock ECU data we have spent hundreds of hours developing our own process for accessing, changing and reloading the ECU data. This is not a service you will find anywhere else for the TPI models!
The stock ECU will still connect to the KTM/Husky diagnostic tool and the dealer can still perform all normal service tasks… in fact, they wont be aware that the ignition and fuel data has been modified. All other ECU features work normally, including oil injection, fan and warning lights. There are no issues with hard starting and no need to tune via apps or software… just install and ride!
We provide an idle setting bolt that can be installed if you feel the need to change the idle speed or air screw setting after fitting the kit, however the vast majority of bikes will run fine without it.
This kit has been developed to work with the stock exhaust and almost makes aftermarket exhaust systems obsolete for the TPI… the head and ECU give a WAY bigger gain in performance than any aftermarket exhaust can offer, and theres no trade off by taking power from one area to improve power in another, as usually happens with pipes.
We supply fitting instruction plus recommended settings for the air screw and powervavle preload.
This is the ONLY complete solution currently for sale on the market that addresses all the necessary TPI issues… head, ignition and fuel. It is also the MOST COST EFFECTIVE solution by far. All other solutions are either more expensive or only tackle part of the problem. In order to address all the necessary issues using other parts you would need a programmable ECU, an aftermarket head, a new plug and an idle screw… buying all these separately adds up to roughly twice the cost of our package!
The 250 TPI kit is available only in the Medium compression combustion chamber design:
- MEDIUM COMP – this head and ECU tune suits the majority of trail riders and racers who want better bottom and mid power and a small gain up top as well. The power delivery is much stronger and more tractable than stock and suits a wide range of riding conditions. Suited to 95 or 98 RON fuel.
HOW TO ORDER:
Option 1: (order and pay up front)
- Purchase the TPI Power Kit by placing an online order, select your desired combustion chamber and payment method
- Send us your stock ECU with a copy of the order confirmation you receive via email
- Once we receive your ECU we will reflash it and return it with the head, plug and idle bolt.
Option 2: (pay when your ECU is ready to send back)
- Print out a work order form from the website
- Fill in all your details and send it to us along with your stock ECU
- Once we receive your ECU and order form we will reflash the ECU and process your payment
- After receiving payment we will return your ECU with the head, plug and idle bolt.
You can place your order via either Option 1 or Option 2 above.
When you are ready to ship your ECU to us its a good idea to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know its on its way.
Read our Shipping page HERE to find out more about return shipping times and prices.